To set server and View preferences and to consolidate servers
To set map preferences
To set unmanaged ports preference
To set virtual port display preferences
To set preferences for events/incidents for sub components
To highlight severity color for events/incidents
To play severity sounds for events/incidents
To switch between the light and dark theme UI
You can view and change preferences from anywhere in Entuity using the Preferences form. Settings apply at the user level, and are maintained across user sessions (i.e. they are saved in the database). In multi-server environments with external authentication, settings apply to all servers. Without external authentication, settings apply only to the local server.
To access your preferences:
- In the Main Menu, click Preferences.
- The Preferences form will slide in on the right. You can access Preferences from any page in Entuity.
To change your preferences:
To set your home page:
Set your home page in the product in the Home Page field. By default, the home page is the Summary dashboard for the My Network View. To change your homepage:
- Navigate to the page that you would like to be your homepage.
- Navigate to the Preferences form, as described above.
- Click Set homepage to current page, and then click Done in the top right of the browser to save the change.
- To reset the homepage to the default page, click Reset homepage to default value and click Done.
To set server and View preferences and to consolidate servers:
Click Servers and Views to open the Servers and Views form. When you have set your preferences, click Done in the top right to save and return to the Preferences form, or click Cancel.
- Choose which servers you want to be visible in the Visible Servers field. This specifies the servers from which data will be displayed.
- Choose whether you want to consolidate servers in the Consolidate Servers field. When switched on, the content of Views that are on different Entuity servers but have the same name will be consolidated. For example, when switched on, the contents of each server's All Objects View will be consolidated. If switched off, there will be an All Objects View for each server.
- When Consolidate Servers is switched on, the maps for the consolidated Views will also be consolidated as appropriate.
- Choose whether you want to show other users' private Views when using Entuity in the Exclude other users' private Views field. This option is only available to users who are members of the Administrators user group. When switched on, the only Views that are visible will be those that are accessible through their View ownership settings. If switched off, all Views will be visible.
- Private Views are Views to which only the owner and members of the administrators group have access. Private Views are hidden to make the UI easier to manage - for example, you might only make private Views visible for the duration of a particular task.
To set map preferences:
Click Maps to open the Maps form. When you have set your preferences, click Done in the top right to save and return to the Preferences form, or click Cancel.
- Choose whether to show device icons on maps in the Show device icons field. When switched on, the map displays specific icons representing the different kinds of managed objects. If switched off, managed objects will be displayed as discs, the color of which indicating the object's status. If switched off, the Show normal status for devices field below will be automatically set to on.
- Choose whether to specifically indicate objects that are in a normal state (i.e., they have no known issues) in the Show normal status for devices field. Entuity indicates the status of a managed object on a map by using a color-coded disc as that object's background. When switched on, a managed object with a normal status will have a green disc for its background.
- Choose whether you want the status of each end of every link to be displayed in the Show individual link status or utilization field. When switched on, the map links will show the link status at each end of the link. If switched off, the map links will only show the worst status of either end of the link.
- Under the Vision Export Options section, click Device and Link to be taken to their respective forms, where you can specify which device and link attributes you want to be exported to the Microsoft Visio vdx file when exporting map data.
To set unmanaged ports preference:
Choose whether you want to display unmanaged ports in dashboards in the Show unmanaged ports field. When switched on, both managed and unmanaged ports are displayed.
To set virtual port display preferences:
Choose whether you want to display virtual ports in the Explorer in the Show virtual ports field. When switched on, both physical and virtual ports are displayed. This preference also affect the Ports and Contents dashboards.
To set preferences for events/incidents for sub components:
Choose whether you want to see events and incidents arising from components in the Include events/incidents for sub components field. By default, this is switched on. If switched off, the most granular level of events and incidents will be at the device level.
To highlight severity color for events/incidents:
Choose whether you want the whole line of the event/incident to be highlighted with its severity color where displayed in the Events List/Incidents List dashlet.
To play severity sounds for events/incidents:
Choose whether ENA plays a sound for each event and incident raised when on the Events dashboard or Incidents dashboard. Please see this article for further help and information on setting and specifying sounds for events and incidents.
To set the UI to the light or dark theme:
Choose whether you want to use the light or dark theme UI in the Theme field.
Note, this option is only available from ENA v17.0 P02 onwards.
Click Done to save your preferences, otherwise click Cancel.