Applicable to ENA v18.0 upwards
From ENA v18.0 upwards, you can specify sounds that play upon the raising of an event and incident. When specified, these sounds will play on the Events dashboard and Incidents dashboard. These sounds are set by default in entuity.cfg, but each user can choose whether sounds play through their Preferences.
To set and specify sounds for events and incident:
- From the command line, navigate to entuity.cfg.
- Under [webUI], add the following entry:
- Entuity comes with default sound files for each severity, and these files are stored in lib/TomCat/webapps/webUI/sounds. These files are as follows:
- You can place your own sound files in the [overrides] directory. You can add files in either .mp3 or .wav formats
- To stop playing sound for a severity, place an empty override file in this directory.
To set sounds via Preferences:
- Click the Main Menu and then Preferences, which will open the Preferences form on the right of the page.
- Toggle the Play severity sound for events/incidents on or off, as is your preference.
- Click Done in the top right to save your changes, otherwise click Cancel.