Event severity levels allow you to quickly see how severe an event or incident is.
You are able to filter events by severity levels. For example, you may wish to only show events with severity level equal to or greater than severe.
Event severity levels
|Display Severity and Color||Description|
|1 - Green||Information or Cleared|
|2 - Yellow||Minor|
|3 - Amber||Major|
|4 - Orange||Severe|
|5 - Red||Critical|
To filter events by severity levels:
- Via Explorer, navigate to and select the view or object for which you would like to see the events. This will open that view or object in its Summary dashboard.
- Click the Events dashboard.
- Click the Menu, and click Filter. The Filter Columns form will then slide in on the right.
- In the Filters field, select or deselect the severity levels you want or do not want to be displayed. Click Done in the top right to confirm the selection and close the Filter Columns form.
- The table will automatically update to only display events with the specified event severity levels.
- To remove this filter, click the X next to the displayed filters above the table.
To change an event's severity level:
- In the Main Menu, click Administration.
- Click Event Administration to display the Event Administration page.
- Click the Events tab and then select an event or the events for which you want to change the severity level.
- Click Edit to open the Edit Event window.
- Define the event severity settings you would like, and click OK.
- Click the Save icon in the top right of the browser to save the change(s) to the event project, or click the Save and Deploy icon next to it to save and deploy the event project.