To view all devices under management:
- In the Main Menu, click Administration.
- Click Device Inventory. This will open the Device Inventory page.
- The table displayed lists all of the devices under management. You can change the sort order by clicking on the column headings.
- To configure the columns in this table, right click on any of the column headings and click the Configure Columns link that appears.
- This will open the Column Selection window. Here you can choose which columns are visible and which order they appear in.
|Column Name||Column Description|
|Device Name||device name displayed in the interface.|
|Polled Name||device name or IP address Entuity uses to poll the device. This must be resolvable on the Entuity server.|
|Zone||zone to which the device belongs.|
|Description||manufacturer's device description. This is only available with SNMP-discovered devices.|
|Location||physical location of the device. This is only available with SNMP-discovered devices.|
|Capabilities||capabilities of the device, being one of the following: None; Unknown; Routing; Routing & Switching.|
|Type||type of device, e.g. router, switch, VM platform.|
|Level||level of management, being one of the following: Full; Full (Management Port Only); Full Management (No Ports); Basic; Ping Only.|
|IP||IP address used to manage the device.|
|SNMP||version of SNMP supported by the device.|
|Port||port on which the device's SNMP agent receives its requests.|
device is either certified or uncertified.
If certified, the device has an associated vendor file created by Entuity Support. A certified vendor file ensures the device MIB is correctly interrogated and that the device has the correct device type.
If uncertified, the device has an automatically created vendor file, which is only an interim solution until a certified file can be provided.
|Reachable||indicates if the last attempt to ping the device was successful.|
|Added||indicates if the device is under management.|
|Name Using||source of the device name.|
|Management IP||device management IP address.|
|SysOID||device sysOID used to manage the device.|
|Bulk Get||indicates whether SNMP Bulk Get is enabled (which means multiple varbinds are received back for each request).|
In the Certified, Reachable and Added columns, there will be a status symbol:
- Green - device has been successfully added.
- Blue - device is queued for addition.
- Red - device failed to add. The hover text shows the reason for failure.
If a device has failed to add, you can edit the parameters in the Modify Device window and click OK to re-queue the device for addition to the device inventory.
To view further information on a device under management:
Click on the device name to open the Summary dashboard for that device.