The Device Inventory report displays device details (and, optionally, modules). The report provides a breakdown by device on the selected Entuity server:
- the pie chart graphs the top ten device types of managed devices (when more than one device is reported on)
- sections in the report are grouped by device type.
Device Inventory report details:
|Device Type||device as identified by ENA, e.g. Wireless Controller, VPN, Load Balancer.|
|Name||system name (or, where not available, IP address).|
|Version||device version number.|
|Mngd. IP||IP address that ENA uses to poll the device.|
|Location||device sysLocation. If not available, this is left blank.|
|Description||system description, which for a Cisco device is parsed sysDescr with model, version and serial number.|
|Ports||number of ports on the device.|
|Manufacturer||manufacturer name is derived by matching the manufacturer number against the first 2,500 Private Enterprise Codes complied by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (http://www.iana.org/assignments/enterprise-numbers). Where the manufacturer code is not matched, then the first part of the device name is taken, usually this is the manufacturer's name.|
|Serial #||device serial number.|
|Managed Since||data and time the device was taken under management by the Entuity server.|
|Server||Entuity server managing the device.|
Device module details:
|Module Description||description of the module.|
|Slot||module slot number.|
|Model||module model number.|
|Serial #||module serial number.|
|SW Version||module software version number.|
To run a Device Inventory report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click Inventory Reports.
- This will open the Inventory Reports page. Click Device Inventory.
- This will open the Device Inventory Options page.
- If you want to reuse previously saved report values, select it in the Use saved values dropdown field.
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- Specify the View containing the device against which the report is to be run in the Please select a View dropdown field.
- Specify the device against which the report is to be run in the Please select a device dropdown field.
- If you want to display the specified device's modules, keep the Show Modules box ticked.
- Use the tickbox to specify if you would like to Remove Duplicate Devices.
- Click Save to save your report values, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.