The Summary dashboard gives you a summary of information about the health of a specific managed object (e.g. a View, device or port). This is a dynamic dashboard. This means that this dashboard is context-specific, so the information (provided by dashlets) it displays will change depending upon the context (i.e., object type) in which it is opened.
- For example, the Summary dashboard will display the same set of dashlets for all Views, and will display a different set of dashlets for all devices.
The Summary dashboard is applicable to every managed object.
Types of dashlets:
The information in this dashboard is displayed in dashlets. The dashlets in the Summary dashboard for each object type reflect the information that is polled and collected for each object type. Below are some of the more common dashlets displayed on Summary dashboards:
- Key Info - this is a Key Info dashlet. This dashlet displays information about and the status of the selected managed object.
- Events Over Time - this is a Chart dashlet. This dashlet displays a history of the events on the selected managed object.
- Open Incidents - this is an Incidents Summary dashlet. This dashlet displays a pie chart of the incidents by severity level on the selected managed object.
- CPU/Memory Utilization - these are Chart dashlets. These dashlets display the current and historical history of the events on the selected managed object.
The Summary dashboards of some managed objects are quite different to others. Please see below for specific examples:
- SurePath Summary dashboard - this displays just the Path Discovery dashlet. For further help and information on SurePath in general, please see this section.
- Wireless Summary dashboards - these are specific to wireless controllers and their associated devices. For further help and information on Wireless Summary dashboards, please see this article.