ENA is designed so you can find and solve problems quickly. You can use the Explorer menu to navigate to any View or managed object on your network. Views and managed objects are arranged in a hierarchy for easy navigation. The hierarchy is as follows:
- > View (e.g. All Objects, Custom View).
- > Subview (e.g. location, device type) - there is not always necessarily a Subview level.
- > Device/VM Platform/Service (e.g. router).
- > Component (e.g. port).
You can also navigate via the breadcrumbs, which is along the top left of the browser to the right of the Explorer button. This is shows you the direct hierarchical path from My Network down to the currently selected View or managed object. The breadcrumbs shows you where you currently are in your network.
To open the Explorer:
- Click Explorer in the top left of the browser. This button appears on any dashboard, View or or managed object page.
- This will open the Explorer menu. The top level of the Explorer hierarchy is always the server level.
- If you have one server, a single entry will appear, named 'My Network'.
- If you have two or more servers and you have chosen to consolidate your servers in your preferences, a single entry will appear, named 'My Network'.
- If you have two or more servers and you have not chosen to consolidate your servers in your preferences, each server will appear in its own entry. They will each have the name 'My Network ([server name])'.
- When the Explorer is opened, it will show the parent objects in the breadcrumbs of the currently selected item.
From ENA v17.0 P06 upwards, you can filter the items in the Explorer by typing in the Filter List field. The items will automatically filter as you type.
To navigate using the Explorer:
At each level of the hierarchy, you have three options:
- Select the View/Subview/device/component to see the attributes for that selection in a dashboard.
- To do this, click anywhere in the entry. The entry will highlight blue when you over it.
- This closes the Explorer menu, and will open the highest-placed favourite dashboard page for your selected object. From this page you can then access the other dashboards for the selected object.
- These dashboards will display particular attributes for the contents of the selected object, dependent upon the dashboard you choose.
- Drill down into the server/View/Subview/device to navigate to the contents of that selection.
- This will then open the next level below the current level, displaying the contents of that server/View/device.
- The name of the parent level will appear in the top middle of the menu.
- Cancel your search at any time by clicking Cancel. This will close the Explorer menu and return you to the page that you were on. Click Back to return to the previous level of hierarchy in the Explorer menu.
To navigate using the breadcrumbs:
Click on any of the Views or managed objects in the breadcrumbs to open the highest-placed favourite dashboard page for the selected managed object.
To see further information and options for an object in the Explorer/breadcrumbs:
At each level of the hierarchy in the Explorer menu and on the breadcrumbs, you can right click an object to open a context menu for that selected object.