The Main Menu provides links to top-level administrative functionality, as well as user and server details. It is found in the top left of every UI page throughout Entuity. Regardless of your current context within the UI, when you click a link from the Main Menu, you will always then navigate to the specified destination.
The Main Menu can appear as follows, depending on your user group permissions:
The following links and information are available, depending on your user group permissions:
- Asset Management - this takes you to the Managed Assets page, which provides information about the assets under management on the selected server. From this page, you can also access the other asset management functionality - Auto Discovery and Discovered Assets.
- Dashboards - regardless of your current context within the UI, this option takes you to the favorite top-level dashboard for the server, which by default is the Summary dashboard for the All Objects View. Please see this section for help on changing the order of your favorite dashboards.
- Reports - this takes you to the Reports page, from where you can access all reporting functionality.
- Preferences - this opens the Preferences form on the right of the window, from where you can specify your UI settings. This form will open regardless of your current UI context, and any changes made to your Preferences will not affect the content of the page that you are currently on until you refresh that page.
- System Information - this takes you to the System Information page, from where you can view and drill down into system and server information.
- Administration - this takes you to the Administration page, from which you can access Entuity functionality, dependent on your user permissions.
- User information:
- User - the user currently logged in.
- Server - the server you are currently logged in to.
- Time - local time of the current server.
- Active Sessions - the number of sessions currently logged in as this user.
- Impersonate - this opens the Impersonation Mode form on the right of the window, from where you can impersonate a user to assist with testing configurations and evaluating and diagnosing user-specific issues.
For further help and information on user group permissions in Entuity, please see this article.