The System Information page displays details about the health and status of each Entuity server you are running. From here you can also access specific system performance and health information, audit logs and the ENA data dictionary.
To view system information:
- In the Main Menu, click System Information.
- This will open the System Information page.
To configure the columns in the system information table:
- On the System Information page, go to the Overflow Menu and click Configure Columns.
- This will open the Configure Columns form. Select the columns you want to display, and drag them into the order that you want.
- Click Save in the top right of the form to save, otherwise click Cancel.
- You can sort the columns into ascending or descending order by clicking on the column heading. You can also change the width of each column by dragging left or right on the column dividers.
To access specific system performance and health information
- Click on the respective status icon of the following to access further information:
To show audit logs
The Audit Log provides a central point for viewing and analyzing actions performed on ENA.
By default, ENA maintains audit log entries for 60 days, after which entries are deleted. You can amend this time period through entuity.cfg and the variable auditLogKeepTime. Log files are by default saved to entuity_home\log.
ENA Audit Log records actions performed on:
- additions to, modifications and deletions of event suppression definitions defined through the Event Suppressions page.
- threshold settings.
- modifications to event thresholds, amending threshold values, disabling a threshold.
- account management.
- creation and deletion of user accounts.
- changing of account passwords.
- changing of user group membership.
- creation and deletion of user groups.
- change in associated tool permissions.
- enabling of LDAP internal and external authentication.
- configuration management.
- changes to configuration management tasks.
- create, modify, delete task schedule.
- execute task actions.
- device inventory.
- additions, deletions and modifications to managed inventory, .
- include zone management actions: zone creation, deletion and modification.
- context menu port object settings.
- fast utilization polling.
- fast status polling.
- status event.
- manage or unmanage ports.
- View management.
- View creation, deletion and modification.
- details include domain, event or incident filter, and group changes.
- report scheduling.
- creation, manual deletion, suspension and resumption of report scheduling.
You can access the Audit Log if you are an Administrator or have the View Audit Log tool permission.
- On the System Information page, click Show Audit Logs in the top right of the browser or via the Overflow Menu.
- The Audit Log page will open.
- Click here for help on how to configure, export, filter and sort the table on the Audit Log page. There are very many log files in the Audit Log, so it is recommended that you use the Filter Table functionality in the top right of the page to find information more easily.
|Column Name||Column Description|
|ID||audit entry identifier. When different rows share the same ID, it means an action has been applied to multiple objects of the same type at the same time, e.g. multiple devices selected and added to a View at the same time.|
|Time||time and date on the Entuity server when the audit entry was made.|
|Category||indicates the general category to which the action is related.|
indicates the action type, one of:
|Context||context in which ENA performs the action, e.g. if a particular threshold is modified then that particular threshold is the source context of the action; or the object on which the action occurred.|
|Details||indicates the details of the action. If the action results in changes, then - and + symbols are used ('From' and 'To' respectively) to indicate the direction of change, e.g. if a device is added to a View, then ENA reports the change as (for example) + ManagedHost: saturn.|
owner of the action. When the action is executed through:
|Server||Entuity server on which the action was performed.|
origin of the action. When the source is:
To show the data dictionary
The ENA Data Dictionary provides descriptions for all StormWorks object types, streams and associations.
- On the System Information page, click Show Data Dictionary in the top right of the browser or via the Overflow Menu.
- This will open the Data Dictionary page.