After you have created a View, you can manually add devices and managed objects to or delete them from that View.
There are three ways in which you can add a device or managed object to a View:
- during the creation of a View.
- via the context menu.
- by dragging the device or managed object into a manually populated View.
To add a device or managed object to a View during the creation of a View:
- When creating a View, specify the managed objects you want to include in the Contents fields on the New View form.
To add a device or managed object to a View via the context menu:
- Navigate to your desired device or managed object via Explorer, the breadcrumbs, search or a dashboard.
- Right click the desired object and in the context menu that appears, click Add To View.
- The Add To View menu will slide in on the right of the browser and display the root My Network. Click the Explorer arrow to display the Views under My Network.
- Navigate to the View to which you want to add the device/managed object, and left click to select it.
- Click Done in the top right, otherwise click Cancel.
To drag a device or managed object into a manually populated View:
- Navigate to the View to which you want to add a device/managed object. This View must be a manually populated View, which can be set when you edit the View.
- In a separate browser or tab, navigate to the device or managed object that you want to add to the a View. Click and hold on the desired device/managed object and drag it into the View in the other browser/tab.
- When the device/managed object has been successfully added to the View, a confirmation message will appear at the top of the browser saying Operation Successful.