Applicable to Entuity v21.0 upwards. If you are using an earlier version of Entuity, please see this article.
Introduction to View filters:
Filters help you automate the process of creating and maintaining View contents, and allow the content of a View to change as the objects that meet its criteria change.
There are three categories of View filters:
- Content filters, which when applied determine the objects that are displayed in a View. You can use View content filters to determine what a View can contain. A View content filter is a defined set of rules that determine which of the network objects potentially available in a View are actually displayed, in order to present only the information a user needs to see, e.g. you can restrict a View to show only the particular components of the network that you are interested in.
- Incident filters and Event filters, which when applied determine the incidents and events that are displayed in a View in the Incidents dashboard and Events dashboard. Incident filters and event filters can restrict the incidents and events that appear against objects in the View. By default, a View's incident and event filters allow Entuity to potentially raise any incident or event. An incident or event filter allows you to include only the incident or event types you want to be available in a View, and exclude those that you do not.
View content filters, incident filters and event filters are created and then applied to Views. They can be managed from an individual View or from their respective tab under the View Management page. Adding, deleting or editing a filter from one place (e.g. from an individual View) will result in that change being visible from the other (i.e. the View Management page).
Content filters, incident filters and event filters can be applied to server configuration sets to ensure consistency across multi-server configurations. For further help and information on server configuration sets in Entuity, please see this article.
To access the View Management page:
- From the Main Menu, click Administration.
- From the Administration page, click View Management.
- The View Management page will open on the Views tab. Click the Content Filters tab, Incident Filters tab or Event Filters tab, and from the dropdown box in the top left select the server or configuration set for which you wish to view filters.