In ENA, you can take Cisco APIC devices under management and measure the Cisco ACI health. This can be done by managing the APIC as an SDN Controller (APIC) using the APIC Rest API.
It is also important that you take Cisco Nexus 9000 switches (which implement the leaf and spine architecture) under management as well. This is done by using SNMP.
To add a Cisco APIC to management:
Adding a Cisco APIC to management follows the same process as when adding a single device to management, with Cisco APIC selected in the Device Type field. For security reasons, ENA only supports https connections to the APIC API, not http.
- In the Main Menu, click Administration.
- Click Device Inventory.
- Click Add in the bottom left of the browser.
- The Add Devices window will open. In the Device Type field, select Cisco APIC. This will change the fields available below.
- Specify the zone to which the device will be added in the Zone field, if using zones.
- Enter the username for the Cisco APIC Connection User field.
- Enter the user password for the Cisco APIC in the Connection Password field.
- Enter the Cisco APIC's URL in the Connection URL field (e.g. https://<APIC IP or hostname>/api/). Note, the 'api/' at the end of this URL is essential.
- Click Add to queue the device for addition. The window remains open so you can add more devices.
- Click Close to close the window and return to the Device Inventory page.
To add a Cisco Nexus 9000 switch to management:
Adding a Nexus 9000 switch to management follows the same process as adding a single device to management. Follow this process, entering and selecting the appropriate details for the switch in the fields available.
To view further information about the Cisco APIC:
After you have queued the Cisco APIC to be added, it will appear in on the Device Inventory page. Please see this article on viewing devices under management for further help and information about viewing devices added to management.
On the Device Inventory page, you can click on the Cisco APIC's name to open its Summary dashboard.