Applicable to Entuity v19.0 upwards
You can manually add a device under full management to your network without using a discovery profile. On the Managed Assets page, click the Add Assets button at the top of the page or via the Overflow Menu.
Please note that in Entuity, you can add managed hosts either under the Server asset type or the Network Device asset type. Managed hosts provide broad support for SNMP-based server monitoring, whereas server device support provides more information for the supported vendors and can also gather data via SSH or WinRM.
This will open the Add Asset form on the right of the window.
- In the Asset Category dropdown field, select Device.
- From the Management Level dropdown field, select Full.
- From the Port Management dropdown field, select All Ports, Management Port Only, or No Ports.
- In the Asset Type dropdown field, specify the type of device that you are adding. Select from:
- Autonomous WAP
- Base Station
- Blade Center
- Ethernet Switch
- Load Balancer
- Managed Host
- Matrix Switch
- PoE Midspan Injector
- SSL Proxy
- Uninterruptible Power Supply
- Wide Area Application Service
- Specify the zone to which the device will be added in the Zone dropdown field. This is available only if you are adding a Basic SNMP device.
- Enter the device name (which must be resolvable on the Entuity server) or IP address ENA uses to poll the device in the Polled Name/IP address field.
- Specify the device name displayed within the product in the Display Name Using dropdown field, choosing from the following:
- Polled Name/IP address - displays the identifier it uses to poll the device as specified in the Polled Name/IP address field. This is the default.
- IP Address - management IP address of the device.
- Resolved Name - resolved name of the device.
- Resolved Name (fully qualified) - fully qualified resolved name of the device.
- System Name - administrator-assigned name of the device.
- Custom - manually enter a device display name.
- Specify the IP version that will be used to communicate with the device from the IP Protocol dropdown field, either IPv4 or IPv6.
- Specify if you want to permit the addition of a device with the same IP address as one already managed from the Allow Duplicate IPs dropdown field.
- Click the Credential field to go through to the Credential form, from where you can either search from a list of shared credential sets, or create a local credential. Please see this section for further help and information on credentials.
- Specify whether to enable configuration management on the asset in the Enabled field.
- Select the credential that you want to use for configuration management from the Credential field. Click this field to go through to the Credential explorer, from where you can choose, create or edit your credential.
- Specify whether you want Entuity to automatically take under management the Associated Assets of the device being added.
- Switch on Use SNMP Bulk Get if you want to receive back multiple GetNext responses in a single packet. Leave the box unticked if you want to receive back the normal 1 GetNext response back.
- Specify on which port the device's SNMP agent receives its requests, in the SNMP Port field. By default, this is set to the default UDP port 161.
- Specify the SNMP timeout in seconds in the SNMP Timeout (seconds) field.
- Specify the number of SNMP retries in the SNMP Retries field.
- Specify the maximum SNMP packet size ENA uses when polling devices in the Max Packet Size (bytes) field.
Once you have specified the parameters of the server, click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.