Applicable to Entuity v19.0 onwards. If you are running an earlier version of Entuity, please see this article.
Introduction to asset management:
From Entuity v19.0 upwards, the discovery and management of assets and devices is executed through the asset management functionality. Depending on your server setup, your to level page for asset management will either be the Asset Management or Managed Assets page:
- In multi-server instances, you will be taken to the Asset Management page, which provides an overall summary of licenses, assets and credentials across all servers.
- In single-server instances, you will not see the Asset Management page, but instead will be taken straight to the Managed Assets page.
At the top of this page there are 3 tabs from by which you can manage your assets:
- Managed Assets - device inventory page to keep track of your managed assets.
- Auto Discovery - page for managing auto discovery profiles.
- Discovered Assets - page for keeping track of all discovered assets across multiple auto discovery profiles, enabling straightforward onboarding of new assets.
To access the Asset Management/Managed Assets page:
There are two ways to access the Asset Management page - via the Main Menu or via the Administration page.
Click the Main Menu and then click Asset Management.
Or from the Administration page, click Asset Management.
The Asset Management page:
The Asset Management page gives you a consolidated view of asset management information (concerning licenses, assets and credentials) for all servers. From here, you can also drill down into individual servers via the dropdown field in the top left, or by selecting a server from the information table. To return to the Asset Management page from an individual server, simply select All Servers from the same dropdown field.
The Asset Management page is divided into two sections:
- summary bar
- information table
The summary bar is split into three parts:
- License Consumption - details how many license credits of each type have been consumed from the available pool for all servers.
- Asset Summary - pie chart detailing the number of Managed Assets, Unmanaged Assets and New Assets.
- Credential Status - pie chart detailing the number of credential sets that are OK, Invalid or Missing.
You can collapse the summary bar to save the space on the page, using the drop arrow on the right of the browser.
This table below the summary bar displays individual server details for the following metrics:
- server name
- discovery profiles
- discovered assets
- managed assets
- unmanaged assets
- new assets
- full licenses
- basic licenses
- associated licenses
- configuration management/monitoring licenses
The Managed Assets page:
If you are in a multi-server instance of ENA, the Managed Assets page is the landing page when you navigate from the Asset Management page to a selected server, by either drilling down via the dropdown field in the top left, or by selecting a server from the information table.
If you are using a single-server instance of ENA, you will go straight to the Managed Assets page. Please see this article for further help and information regarding the Managed Assets page for single server instances.
In a multi-server instance, you can return to the Asset Management page from an individual server by selecting All Servers from the same dropdown field.