Applicable to Entuity v19.0 upwards
You can manually add a custom device to your network without using a discovery profile. On the Managed Assets page, click the Add Assets button at the top of the page or via the Overflow Menu.
A custom device represents a device that Entuity is not managing, but you want to represent within Entuity. It is a placeholder device with no IP address, on which no polling takes place, and therefore has the Admin Down status on maps etc. However, you can use User Defined REST Polling to conduct polling on custom devices.
This will open the Add Asset form on the right of the window. This form consists of the following sections:
- In the Asset Category dropdown field, select Custom Device.
- The Management Level will be set to Full by default.
- The Asset Type dropdown field will be set to Custom Device by default.
- Specify the Display Name to be used.
User Defined Monitoring
Entuity v20.0 upwards
Here you can specify the credentials that will be applied to any user defined REST poller that you might create and add to the device currently being added to management.
- Click the Credential field to go through to the Credential form, from where you can either search from a list of shared credential sets, or create a local credential. Please see this section for further help and information on credentials.
For further help and information on user defined REST polling, please see this section.
Once you have specified the parameters of the server, click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.