Applicable to Entuity v19.0 upwards
You can manually add a controller asset to your network without using a discovery profile. On the Managed Assets page, click the Add Assets button at the top of the page or via the Overflow Menu.
This will open the Add Asset form on the right of the window. This form contains the following sections:
- In the Asset Category dropdown field, select SD Controller.
- The Management Level will be set to Full by default.
- In the Asset Type dropdown field, specify the type of controller that you are adding.
All 'Asset Types' except Wireless Controller have just one field:
- Specify the Display Name of the device to be used in the UI.
When the 'Asset Type' is set to Wireless Controller, the below fields are available:
- Specify the Zone to which the device will be added.
- Specify the Polled Name/IP Address of the device.
- Specify the Display Name in the UI, from one of the following:
- Polled Name/IP address - displays the identifier it uses to poll the device as specified in the Polled Name/IP address field. This is the default.
- IP Address - management IP address of the device.
- Resolved Name - resolved name of the device.
- Resolved Name (fully qualified) - fully qualified resolved name of the device.
- System Name - administrator-assigned name of the device.
- Custom - manually enter a device display name.
- In the Allow Duplicate IP Addresses field, specify if you want to permit the addition of a device with the same IP address as one already managed.
- Click the Credential field to go through to the Credential form, from where you can either search from a list of shared credential sets, or create a local credential. Please see this section for further help and information on credentials.
- Specify the Connection Url.
This is available when adding the following:
- Wireless Controller
- Cisco APIC (from Entuity v19.0 P03 upwards). This means you can enable and configure how the ACI configuration files are to be retrieved, stored and processed.
- Cisco DNA Center (Entuity v20.0 P02 upwards). This means you can enable configuration management tasks on the Cisco DNA Center. Please see this article for further help and information on configuration management for Cisco DNA Center devices.
- Specify whether to enable configuration management on the asset in the Enabled field.
- Select the credential that you want to use for the configuration management from the Credential field. Click this field to go through to the Credential explorer, from where you can choose, create or edit your credential:
- If you are adding a Cisco APIC: These settings will then appear on the Configuration Monitoring dashboard for the specific APIC. The APIC device will then have two sets of credentials - one for API retrieval and one for CLI access. The user names and passwords are stored in their own credential sets, so the CLI access does not have to be the ame user as the API retrieval user. The device name for the CLI access is extracted from the URL provided in the APIC device credentials.
- If you are adding a Cisco DNAC: In the Username field, enter your admin user's username. Password 1 is the password for the maglev appliance (for ssh), and Password 2 is your admin user's password.
- These settings will then appear on the Configuration Monitoring dashboard for the specific APIC. The APIC device will then have two sets of credentials - one for API retrieval and one for CLI access. The user names and passwords are stored in their own credential sets, so the CLI access does not have to be the ame user as the API retrieval user. The device name for the CLI access is extracted from the URL provided in the APIC device credentials.
- Specify whether to automatically Manage Associated Assets of the SD controller. The associated assets of a VM platform or SD controller include virtual machines, Meraki devices, Viptela devices and wireless APs, which are now first discovered as candidate associated assets. These must then be put under management in order to fully manage them.
Note, for an associated Meraki device (that is associated to a Meraki Cloud Controller) to move from 'Pending' to 'Managed' status, the associated Meraki device must have a populated Name value. Although the device Name does not necessarily need to be assigned on the Controller for that device to exist, in Entuity it is insufficient that just the Mac and Serial are populated, the Name must also be assigned.
Once you have specified the parameters of the server, click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.