Applicable to Entuity v19.0 upwards
You can manually add a controller asset to your network without using a discovery profile. On the Managed Assets page, click the Add Assets button at the top of the page or via the Overflow Menu.
This will open the Add Asset form on the right of the window.
- In the Asset Category dropdown field, select SD Controller.
- The Management Level will be set to Full by default.
- In the Asset Type dropdown field, specify the type of server that you are adding.
- Specify the Display Name of the SD controller.
- Click the Credential field to go through to the Credential form, from where you can either search from a list of shared credential sets, or create a local credential. Please see this section for further help and information on credentials.
- Specify the Connection Url.
- Specify whether to automatically Manage Associated Assets of the SD controller. The associated assets of a VM platform or SD controller include virtual machines, Meraki devices, Viptela devices and wireless APs, which are now first discovered as candidate associated assets. These must then be put under management in order to fully manage them.
Once you have specified the parameters of the server, click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.