Applicable to ENA v17.0 P08 upwards
From ENA v17.0 P08 upwards, you can add vManage Cloud Controller device types and manage your Cisco Viptela (SD-WAN) alarms in Entuity. Entuity continuously retrieves the following information for each vManage Cloud Controller device:
- list of vEdge devices with key inventory-related attributes for each.
- list of alarms associated with a vManage Cloud Controller.
These details are displayed on the Summary dashboard for the vManage Cloud Controller and vEdge device types.
Viptela vManage Alarms in Entuity:
Viptela vManage alarms on the Viptela dashboard and severity map to Entuity EMS incidents and events and severity. All vManage alarms are active, but some of them might have been already acknowledged on the Viptela dashboard. In this case, opening and then closing events are raised to reflect this acknowledgement.
The Entuity incidents and events (and severities) are as follows:
- vManage Alarm incident
- vManage Alarm
- vManage Alarm Closed
- vManage Poller Failed incident
- vManage Poller Failed
- vManage Poller Success
- vManage Poller Overrun incident
- vManage Poller Overrun
- vManage Poller Overrun Cleared
You can forward vManage events and incidents to third parties as you can with all other Entuity events and incidents, such as BMC TrueSight Operations Management Events integration, Slack and Splunk.
To add an instance of Viptela vManage to Entuity:
- Navigate to the Asset Management page and then the Managed Assets tab.
- Click Add Asset to open the Add Asset form.
- In the Device Type field, select Cloud Controller. For further information on adding an SD Controller-type asset, please see this article.
- In the Asset Type field, select vManage.
- Complete the fields and click Done, otherwise click Cancel.
Viptela device details:
Entuity collects the following information for each Viptela device:
- device ID
- device model
- device name
- device type
- latitude, longitude
- local system IP
- serial number (SNMP/API)
- system IP
- time zone
- total CPU count
- certificate validity
- state & state description