Entuity uses a series of codes to identify the types of objects it manages. These internal codes are useful when troubleshooting issues.
This article details the two types of codes and how they are used in a third, eosObjectID, to uniquely identify a managed object.
Entuity object types:
Entuity identifies different managed object types by assigning each their own unique identifier. This number is only used within Entuity.
|Object Type||Object Identifier|
Entuity device types:
Entuity identifies different device types by assigning each their own unique identifier. This number is only used within Entuity. For example, the discovery ping technology used by Entuity for its maps can be configured through entuity.cfg to exclude certain device types - these device types are specified through their device identifiers.
|Device Type||Entuity Identifier|
|Aruba Mobility Controller||1102|
|PoE Midspan Injector||1070|
|Uninterruptible Power Supply||1104|
|Wide Area Application Service||1128|
|Wireless Controllers||1073 / 1102|
eosObjectID is an internal Entuity identifier that uniquely identifies Entuity managed objects. eosObjectID is a bit mask with the format:
- objectType is the internal Entuity object type, e.g. 1 for port, 4 for device.
- objectID is the unique object, e.g. device identifier.
- portID is the unique port identifer, when used in the context of objectID.
- StormWorksID is the unique StormWorks identifier. It is set to 0 when the object does not have a StormWorks number.
Examples of valid eosObjectID identifiers:
represents port 17 on device 131. It also has the StormWorks identifer, 36477.
represents device 131. It does not include a StormWorks identifier, 0.
eosObjectID is normally only used by internal Entuity processes. However, they can be viewed in the following cases:
- ForkEvent forwards objectID and objectType as part of eosObjectID.
- Entuity Remedy AR System integration module uses ForkEvent to forward objectID, objectType and StormWorksID as part of eosObjectID.
- Flex Reports allow you to report on StormWorks identifiers when you select Show Hidden Data.
Please sign in to leave a comment.