The Port Operational State Transition Summary report charts, in 30 minute blocks, the number of changes in the operational state of devices within the selected View, on the selected server or servers.
The report includes 4 summaries for the number of ports with transitions:
- within the last 24 hours,
- within the last 8 hours,
- within the last 1 hour,
- within the last 30 minutes.
Click on the count of each to run a Port Operational State Transition Details report.
In the chart, a tooltip appears when you hover a column, displaying the following details:
- total number of reboots.
- total number of devices that had reboots.
- names of devices with reboots and their number of reboots.
Port Operational State Transition Summary report details:
|Device Reachability||indicates, in the subsequent chart's graph, the reachability of devices in the branch office View.|
|Device name||identifier of the device, e.g. host name or IP address.|
|Reachability %||length of time the device responds to ping, as a percentage of the reporting period.|
|Unreachable Time||length of time the device was unreachable during the reporting period.|
To run a Port Operational State Transition Summary report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click Dashboard Panels.
- This will open the Dashboard Panels page. Click Port Operational State Transition Summary.
- This will open the Port Operational State Transition Summary Options page.
- If you want to reuse previously saved report values, select it in the Use saved values dropdown field.
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- Specify the View containing the service against which the report is to be run in the Please select a View dropdown field.
- Specify if you want the Report Period to be a Recent period or across a Range.
- Click Save to save your report values, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.