The Port Discard Trend report provides regression-based trend prediction for port discards. This report enables you to see port discard predictions for the next 6 months. Predictions are made by applying regression analysis to the selected device's historical port discard data, which by default is for the previous 8 weeks, but you can configure this figure.
To run the Port Discard Trend report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click Activity Reports.
- This will open the Activity Reports page. Click Port Discards Trend.
- This will open the Port Discards Trend Options page.
- If you want to reuse previously saved report values, select it in the Use saved values dropdown field.
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- Specify the View against which the report is to be run in the Please select a View dropdown field.
- Specify the device against which the report is to be run in the Please select a device dropdown field.
- Specify the port against which the report is to be run in the Please select a port dropdown field.
- Specify the upper value of scale used on the chart in the report in the Max chart scale (%) field, e.g. if you have a discard rate below 20%, you may not want to display all the way up to 100%.
- Specify if you want the Report Period to be a Recent period or across a Range.
- Specify the time within the reporting period for which the report is applicable in the Prime Time fields, e.g. between 09:00 and 17:00 each day.
- Click Save to save your report values, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.