The Device Latency report allows for the analysis of ICMP round trip latency of managed devices. It includes a summary table of the selected devices, sorted by the hourly mean latency value.
Device Latency report details:
|Device name and IP address||identifier of the device, e.g. host name or IP address and the device IP address that ENA uses to manage the device.|
|Location||text description of the physical location of the device that is contained on the device, e.g. Development Cabinet.|
|Latency mean/max (ms)||hourly mean average and maximum of device latency, as measured by Availability Monitor using ICMP Ping requests.|
|Latency threshold exceeds mean %||daily mean average of hourly device latency % exceeds, as measured by Availability Monitor using ICMP Ping requests.|
|Latency threshold exceeds max %||daily maximum of hourly device latency % exceeds, as measured by Availability Monitor using ICMP Ping requests.|
To run the Device Latency report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click Activity Reports.
- This will open the Activity Reports page. Click Device Latency.
- This will open the Device Latency Options page.
- If you want to reuse previously saved report values, select it in the Use saved values dropdown field.
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- Specify the View against which the report is to be run in the Please select a View dropdown field.
- Specify the number of devices to be included in the report in the TopN (0=all) field.
- Specify if you want the Report Period to be a Recent period or across a Range.
- Specify the time within the reporting period for which the report is applicable in the Prime Time fields, e.g. between 09:00 and 17:00 each day.
- ENA v17.0 P08 upwards: Specify the time zone to which you want the reporting period to apply. By default, this is set to None, which means that the time zone of the host/consolidation server is used.
- Click Save to save your report values, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.