The Event Summary report lists the events raised in the View within the reporting period, ordered by the date and time they were first raised.
Event Summary report details:
|Severity||severity level of the event, represented by number and color coding.|
|Event Type||name of the event.|
|Source||originator of the event, e.g. device, port identifier. It is also a hyperlink to the objct's Summary dashboard.|
|First Time||first time at which the event was raised against the object. The report is ordered on this attribute.|
|Last Time||last time the event was raised against the object.|
|Count||number of times the event was raised.|
|Incidents||number of open incidents associated to the event.|
To run the Event Summary report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click Activity Reports.
- This will open the Activity Reports page. Click Event Summary.
- This will open the Event Summary Options page.
- If you want to reuse previously saved report values, select it in the Use saved values dropdown field.
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- Specify the View against which the report is to be run in the Please select a View dropdown field.
- Specify the device against which the report is to be run in the Please select a device dropdown field.
- Specify the minimum severity event to be included in the report in the Minimum severity field. All events with a severity level equal to or greater than the specified value will be included.
- Check the Show events that are in no open incidents box if you want to display selected events that are associated with closed, aged out or expired incidents are included in the report.
- Check the Show events on sub-components box if you want to display selected events that are raised on sub-components of the device, e.g. on its ports.
- Specify if you want the Report Period to be a Recent period or across a Range.
- Specify the time within the reporting period for which the report is applicable in the Prime Time fields, e.g. between 09:00 and 17:00 each day.
- ENA v17.0 P08 upwards: Specify the time zone to which you want the reporting period to apply. By default, this is set to None, which means that the time zone of the host/consolidation server is used.
- Click Save to save your report values, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.