The TopN Ports report provides a summary of the topN ports on the network. This report enables you to identify the topN (by default ten) ports against the following metrics:
- inbound utilization.
- outbound utilization.
- top talkers.
- top listeners.
To run the TopN Ports report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click Activity Reports.
- This will open the Activity Reports page. Click TopN Ports.
- This will open the TopN Ports Options page.
- Use saved values
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- Specify the View against which the report is to be run in the Please select a View dropdown field.
- Specify the number of devices to be included in the report in the TopN field.
- Specify the maximum number of calculated ports to be included in the report in the Maximum Calculated Ports field.
- Tick the Show Charts box if you want to include the Error Rate chart in the report.
- Tick the Consolidate Servers if you want report results to be consolidated across all servers. By default this is ticked.
- Specify if you want the Report Period to be a Recent period or across a Range.
- Specify the time within the reporting period for which the report is applicable in the Prime Time fields, e.g. between 09:00 and 17:00 each day.
- Click Save to save your changes, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.