The Switching Summary report displays a summary of devices that provide layer 2 switching services. This report enables you to see information for one or more selected switches within a selected view.
Switching Summary report details:
|sysName||switch system name or, where not available, the IP address|
|Location||SysLocation, or where not available it is left blank.|
|Serial Number||device serial number.|
|Version||device version number.|
|Management IP||IP address that Entuity uses to poll the device.|
|Last reboot||time of the last device reboot.|
|Polling status||status of Entuity SNMP polling of the device, i.e. Polling, Non-Polling.|
|System descr||system description, which for a Cisco device is a parsed sysDesc with model, versrion and serial number.|
|Uptime %||amount of time the switch is known to be up, as a % of the reporting period.|
|Unknown uptime||amount of time Entuity estimates the device was up when Entuity could not poll for its true state.|
|Outages||number of outages on the device during the reporting period.|
|Total/Host Ports (excluding virtual ports)||number of ports on the device, excluding virtual port.|
|Trunk/Uplink Ports (including virtual ports)||number of infrastructure ports on the device, including virtual port.|
|Spare Ports (excluding virtual ports)||number of spare ports on the device, excluding virtual port.|
|Round Trip Latency between Entuity and the device||round trip latency between Entuity server and the host, in miliseconds.|
|Average Reachability %||amount of time the device responds to ping, as a % of the reporting period.|
|Aggregate host port traffic||aggregated inbound and outbound traffic on the host port.|
|CPU and memory||graph charts router CPU utilization and memory usage over the reporting period.|
|Host Port Faults||number of faults on the host port.|
|Infrastructure Port Faults||number of faults on infrastructure ports.|
|Type||infrastructure port type, i.e. trunk, uplink.|
|Speed||port's referenced interface speed, used e.g. when Entuity calculates port utilization. Administrators can amend the port interface speed.|
|Description||description of the device and its interface.|
To run the Switching Summary report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click Activity Reports.
- This will open the Activity Reports page. Click Switching Summary.
- This will open the Switching Summary Options page.
- If you want to reuse previously saved report values, select it in the Use saved values dropdown field.
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- Specify the View against which the report is to be run in the Please select a View dropdown field. From ENA v18.0 P06 upwards, you can drag Views into this field from the Drop Box.
- Specify the device against which the report is to be run in the Please select a device dropdown field.
- Specify if you want the Report Period to be a Recent period or across a Range.
- Specify the time within the reporting period for which the report is applicable in the Prime Time fields, e.g. between 09:00 and 17:00 each day.
- ENA v17.0 P08 upwards: Specify the time zone to which you want the reporting period to apply. By default, this is set to None, which means that the time zone of the host/consolidation server is used.
- Click Save to save your report values, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.