The Routing Summary report displays a summary of all devices within a View that provide layer 3 routing services. This report enables you to see each router's performance during the reporting period, measuring performance by:
- CPU utilization.
- free memory.
- IP packet throughput.
It also provides a breakdown of the router's spare ports by LAN, WAN and other.
Routing Summary report details:
|sysName||device system name or, where not available, the IP address|
|Location||SysLocation, or where not available it is left blank.|
|Serial Number||router serial number.|
|Version||device version number.|
|Management IP||IP address that ENA uses to poll the device.|
|Last reboot||time of the last device reboot.|
|Polling status||status of ENA SNMP polling of the device, i.e. Polling, Non-Polling.|
|System descr||system description, which for a Cisco device is a parsed sysDesc with model, versrion and serial number.|
|Uptime %||amount of time the router is known to be up, as a % of the reporting period.|
|Unknown uptime||amount of time ENA estimates that the device was up when ENA could not poll for its true state.|
|Outages||number of outages on the device during the reporting period.|
|Total Ports (excluding virtual ports)||number of ports on the device, excluding the virtual port.|
|Spare Ports (excluding virtual ports)||number of spare ports on the device, excluding the virtual port.|
|Round Trip Latency between Entuity and the device||round trip latency between the Entuity server and the host, in miliseconds.|
|Average Reachability %||amount of time that the device responds to ping, as a % of the reporting period.|
|Aggregate physical port traffic rate||aggregated physical inbound and outbound traffic on the port.|
|CPU and memory||graph charts router CPU utilization and memory usage over the reporting period.|
IP routing (packet/s) graph charts router IP packet throughput in packets per second over the reporting period. Three measures are used:
|Port Faults||graph charts number of faults on infrastructure ports.|
To run the Routing Summary report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click Activity Reports.
- This will open the Activity Reports page. Click Routing Summary.
- This will open the Routing Summary Options page.
- If you want to reuse previously saved report values, select it in the Use saved values dropdown field.
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- Specify the View against which the report is to be run in the Please select a View dropdown field. From ENA v18.0 P06 upwards, you can drag Views into this field from the Drop Box.
- Specify the device against which the report is to be run in the Please select a device dropdown field.
- Specify if you want the Report Period to be a Recent period or across a Range.
- Specify the time within the reporting period for which the report is applicable in the Prime Time fields, e.g. between 09:00 and 17:00 each day.
- ENA v17.0 P08 upwards: Specify the time zone to which you want the reporting period to apply. By default, this is set to None, which means that the time zone of the host/consolidation server is used.
- Click Save to save your report values, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.