Applicable to Entuity v19.0 upwards
You can manually add a VM platform asset to your network without using a discovery profile. On the Managed Assets page, click the Add Assets button at the top of the page or via the Overflow Menu.
This will open the Add Asset form on the right of the window. Depending on your choices, this form can consist of the following sections:
- In the Asset Category dropdown field, select VM Platform.
- The Management Level will be set to Full by default.
- In the Asset Type dropdown field, specify the type of VM platform that you are adding. Select from:
- Amazon Web Services.
- Microsoft Azure.
- Oracle VM Manager.
- VMware vCenter or ESXi.
Note, the fields available in this section will depend on the type of VM platform that you are adding.
- Specify the zone to which the device will be added in the Zone dropdown field.
- Enter the device name (which must be resolvable on the Entuity server) or IP address ENA uses to poll the device in the Polled Name/IP address field.
- Specify the device name displayed within the product in the Display Name Using dropdown field, choosing from the following:
- Polled Name/IP address - displays the identifier it uses to poll the device as specified in the Polled Name/IP address field. This is the default.
- IP Address - management IP address of the device.
- Resolved Name - resolved name of the device.
- Resolved Name (fully qualified) - fully qualified resolved name of the device.
- System Name - administrator-assigned name of the device.
- Custom - manually enter a device display name.
- Specify the IP version that will be used to communicate with the device from the IP Protocol dropdown field, either IPv4 or IPv6.
- Click the Credential field to go through to the Credential form, from where you can either search from a list of shared credential sets, or create a local credential. Please see this section for further help and information on credentials.
- Specify the Connection URL if applicable.
- Specify whether to enable configuration management on the asset in the Enabled field.
- Select the credential that you want to use for configuration management from the Credential field. Click this field to go through to the Credential explorer, from where you can choose, create or edit your credential.
Once you have specified the parameters of the server, click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.