The Switch Traffic by Virtual/Physical Mix report provides a table of per-switch traffic volume totals through switches, based on the virtual/physical host connections.
Switch Traffic by Virtual/Physical Mix report details:
|Switch||name or IP address that ENA uses to manage the device.|
|Location||description of device location.|
|Physical ports||number of physical ports on the switch.|
|VM Traffic (In/Out Bytes)||inbound and outbound virtual traffic handled by the switch over the reporting period.|
|Physical Host Traffic (In/Out Bytes)||inbound and outbound physical traffic handled by the switch over the reporting period.|
|VM Traffic % of Total (In/Out)||inbound and outbound virtual traffic handled by the switch over the reporting period, as a percentage of its total traffic throughput.|
To run a Switch Traffic by Virtual/Physical Mix report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click Virtualization.
- This will open the Virtualization page. Click Switch Traffic by Virtual/Physical Mix.
- This will open the Switch Traffic by Virtual/Physical Mix Options page.
- If you want to reuse previously saved report values, select it in the Use saved values dropdown field.
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- Specify the View containing the switch against which the report is to be run in the Please select a View dropdown field. From ENA v18.0 P06 upwards, you can drag Views into this field from the Drop Box.
- Specify the method by which you wish to sort between switch traffic in the Please select a sort option dropdown field.
- Specify if you want the Report Period to be a Recent period or across a Range.
- Specify the time within the reporting period for which the report is applicable in the Prime Time fields, e.g. between 09:00 and 17:00 each day.
- ENA v17.0 P08 upwards: Specify the time zone to which you want the reporting period to apply. By default, this is set to None, which means that the time zone of the host/consolidation server is used.
- Click Save to save your report values, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.