The Impact of Virtualization on Access Switches report provides four charts for each specified switch. These charts display the following:
- number of hypervisors (by vendor).
- number of virtual machines.
- physical and virtual traffic.
- resource utilization.
All charts use the same timeframe, meaning that you can correlate changes across all charts.
Impact of Virtualization on Access Switches report details:
|Switch||name of the switch.|
|Number of connected hypervisors over time||Stack chart provides a daily breakdown of the total number of hypervisors linked to the switch.|
|Number of connected VMs over time||Stack chart provides a daily breakdown of the total number of VMs, by type, linked to the switch.|
|Traffic breakdown over time||Stack chart provides a daily breakdown of traffic over the report period, graphing Inbound Virtual Traffic, Outbound Virtual Traffic, Inbound Physical Traffic and Outbound Physical Traffic.|
|Aggregate Switch Resource Utilization||Line chart graphs switch CPU Utilization and memory usage over the reporting period.|
To run an Impact of Virtualization on Access Switches report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click Virtualization.
- This will open the Virtualization page. Click Impact of Virtualization on Access Switches.
- This will open the Impact of Virtualization on Access Switches Options page.
- If you want to reuse previously saved report values, select it in the Use saved values dropdown field.
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- Specify the View containing the device against which the report is to be run in the Please select a View dropdown field. From ENA v18.0 P06 upwards, you can drag Views into this field from the Drop Box.
- Specify the device against which the report is to be run in the Please select a device dropdown field.
- Specify if you want the Report Period to be a Recent period or across a Range.
- Specify the time within the reporting period for which the report is applicable in the Prime Time fields, e.g. between 09:00 and 17:00 each day.
- ENA v17.0 P08 upwards: Specify the time zone to which you want the reporting period to apply. By default, this is set to None, which means that the time zone of the host/consolidation server is used.
- Click Save to save your report values, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.