Applicable to Entuity v21.0 upwards
The IP Addresses tab displays each IP address on a selected network that have responded to a scan, as well as a history of each IP address, and the opportunity to comment on or delete an IP address or addresses. Note, this tab is only accessible when you have clicked Show IP Addresses.
To view the IP addresses on a network:
- Under the Networks tab on the IP Address Management page, select a network and click the Show IP Addresses button at the top of the page (or via the Overflow Menu).
- The IP Addresses tab will open for the selected network.
This tab shows the IP Addresses table on the left and the IP History table on the right.
Note, the IP Addresses table can display a maximum limit of 4096 IP addresses. If the IP Range of the selected network contains more than 4096 IP addresses, the IP Range Limit form will open after you click Show IP Addresses, which enables you to select which page of IP addresses to display in the table.
IP Addresses table:
This table lists all the IP addresses in the selected network.
|IP address. If a managed device exists, it will link to that device.
|hostname, if applicable.
|name of the zone used, hidden if no zones are used.
|any comments added to this IP address by the user (see below).
|if the device has responded to a scan recently.
|last time the device was scanned.
|last time the device was successfully scanned.
|number of history entries (see below).
IP History table:
This table displays the history of a selected IP address from the IP Addresses table.
|timestamp of this entry.
scan type, e.g.:
result of the scan, e.g. 'OK', 'Offline', 'Expiring'
To add/edit comments on an IP address or addresses:
You can add a comment to one or more IP addresses.
- From the IP Addresses tab, select an IP address or addresses and click Edit Comments at the top of the page (or via the Overflow Menu or right-click Context Menu).
- The Edit IP Address form will open on the right. Enter any Comments you wish to add to this address or addresses (selecting multiple addresses will edit all of them).
- Click Done in the top right to save your changes, otherwise click Cancel.
To delete an IP address or addresses from a network:
- From the IP Addresses tab, select one or more IP addresses from the table and click Delete Address at the top of the page (or via the Overflow Menu or right-click Context Menu).
- A confirmation dialog will open, and upon confirmation the selected IP address(es) will be deleted from the network.