The Overflow Menu of every table and table dashlet in Entuity offers you added functionality to arrange how your data is displayed.
To configure the columns in a table:
- In the Overflow Menu, click Configure Columns. This will open the Configure Columns form.
- In this form, select or deselect the columns that you want or do not want to include, and drag them into the order you want.
- Click Save in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.
To export a table:
- In the Overflow Menu, click Export. This will open the Export Table Content form.
- In this form, specify the rows that you want to display in the exported table in the Row criteria field, and specify which table columns you want to display in the Column criteria field.
- From ENA v17.0 P09 and ENA v18.0 P01, if your table contains a date value, you will have the option to Format Timestamps. Switch this field on so that the exported table returns a date timestamp (YYYY.MM.DD hh:mm:ss). If switched off, the date will be presented as a unix timestamp.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save, otherwise click Cancel.
- The data of the exported table will be saved as a Microsoft Excel file.
To filter the columns:
- In the Overflow Menu, click Filter. This will open the Filter Columns form.
- In this form, specify the metrics you want to filter based on the available columns. You can freely enter text or values in most columns, but some columns you will be able to select from system options, e.g. in a Status column you can choose from the 7 available statuses (see screenshots below)
- Click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.
To filter a table:
Applicable for ENA v17.0 P06 upwards
You can also filter by a search term of your choosing. This will filter the table by row.
- Enter the term you want to search in the Filter Table box in the top right of the table dashlet, then press Enter.
- The table will remove any rows that do not contain the search term.
- To clear the filter, clear the text from the Filter Table box.
To sort the columns:
- Click on the column headings in the table to sort each column into ascending or descending order.
- Drag the column dividers left and right to increase or decrease the width of the columns.
From Entuity v19.0 P04 upwards, you can also fix one or more sorted columns whilst still being able to sort by other columns as they relate to the fixed column. The following example uses the table in an Incidents List dashlet, wherein you want sort by the incident source within the parameters of sorted incident names.
- Sort by the Name column, then right click the column header and click Fixed Column.
- You can then sort in the Source column, and the contents will be sorted relative to the fixed Name column, i.e. the Source will be sorted against each block of incidents in the Name column.
- You can fix as many columns as you like, depending on your desired specificity.
To enable toggle selection:
Applicable to Entuity v19.0 P04 upwards.
If you enable this selection, a check box will appear on each row, making it easier to select and deselect some or all rows in the table.
Note, for this option to appear in the Overflow Menu, you will need to ensure that the Row Selection Support field in the Table dashlet's Advanced Settings form is enabled.
- In the Overflow Menu, click Enable Toggle Selection.
- Check boxes will then appear on each row.
- When enabled, you can select rows by simply clicking anywhere on the row itself (but not on any hyperlinks), and the row will remain selected until you click it again to unselect it.