The Spare Ports by Device report identifies ports (on the selected device) that are currently unused, and the length of time they have been in that state. The report is useful to determine whether a port is spare and available for reassignment.
This report includes:
- ports that have been unused for 40 days or more.
- ports that have system uptime of less than 40 days and are currently unused.
This report excludes:
- ports that have been unused for fewer than 40 days but have a system uptime of 40 days or more.
This report is generated from data collected in real-time enabled through the StormWorks configuration.
Spare Ports by Device report details:
|Port Description||description of the port.|
|Days since last activity||number of days since the port was last active.|
|Date of last activity||date the port was last active.|
|VLAN||number of VLANs associated with the port.|
To run a Spare Ports by Device report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click Inventory Reports.
- This will open the Inventory Reports page. Click Spare Ports by Device.
- This will open the Spare Ports by Device Options page.
- If you want to reuse previously saved report values, select it in the Use saved values dropdown field.
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- Specify the View containing the device against which the report is to be run in the Please select a View dropdown field. From ENA v18.0 P06 upwards, you can drag Views into this field from the Drop Box.
- Specify the device against which the report is to be run in the Please select a device dropdown field.
- ENA v17.0 P08 upwards: Specify the time zone to which you want the reporting period to apply. By default, this is set to None, which means that the time zone of the host/consolidation server is used.
- Click Save to save your report values, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.