The Spanning Tree VLAN Changes report allows you to identify changes in the selected VLAN's VTP and STP settings between the two sample periods. Data for each sample is collected by stpman and vtpman. The comparison is between the entered start and end dates, and you can select any sample from the last 7 days.
This report includes 2 tables:
- STP connectivity changes.
- VLAN changes.
STP connectivity changes:
|From||device and port address connected to another device.|
|State||local device's port's STP state, i.e. Blocking, Forwarding, Designated Port, Root Port and Non-Designated Port.|
|Connected to||address of the host and port.|
|State||target device's port's STP state, i.e. Blocking, Forwarding, Designated Port, Root Port and Non-Designated Port.|
|Cost||cumulative root path cost, the lower the value the closer the devices are.|
|Switch||switch resolved name or IP address.|
|Root Switch > Port||
switch acting as the center of the VLAN. Other switches use this as the center of the network when calculating a set of root and designated ports during the initial convergence to create a loop-free network.
The second value is the device's designated root port. For the root switch, this is set to NULL as the root switch does not have a designated root port.
|Root Cost||cumulative root path cost. The lower the value, the closer the devices are.|
|Change Count||number of Root Switch changes. This is a running total.|
|Max Age||length of time (in seconds) that the switch stores a BPDU before discarding it.|
|Forward Delay||time (in seconds) the switch spends in the Listening and Learning states.|
|Hello Time||time interval (in seconds) between the sending of Configuration BPDUs.|
|Hold Time||time interval (in seconds) between the sending of Configuration BPDUs.|
To run a Spanning Tree VLAN Changes report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click Inventory Reports.
- This will open the Inventory Reports page. Click Spanning Tree VLAN Changes.
- This will open the Spanning Tree VLAN Changes Options page.
- If you want to reuse previously saved report values, select it in the Use saved values dropdown field.
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- Specify the View containing the VLAN against which the report is to be run in the Please select a View dropdown field.
- Specify the VLAN against which the report is to be run in the Please select a device dropdown field.
- Specify the start date and end date for the report in their respective dropdown fields.
- Click Save to save your report values, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.