The Spare Ports by View report identifies devices with switching capabilities within the selected View that have currently unused ports. The summary statistics on the device ports allow you to identify devices for further investigation, where you can determine whether a port is spare and available for reassignment.
This report includes:
- ports that have been unused for 40 days or more.
- ports that have system uptime of less than 40 days and are currently unused.
This report excludes:
- ports that have been unused for fewer than 40 days but have a system uptime of 40 days or more.
Spare Ports by View report details:
|Name||system name or, where not available, the IP address.|
|Location||device sysLocation or, where not available, it is left blank.|
|Manufacturer / Model||manufacturer name is derived by matching the manufacturer numbehr against the first 2,500 Private Enterprise Codes compiled by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (http://www.iana.org/assignments/enterprise-numbers). Where the manufacturer code is not matched then the first part of the device name is taken, usually this is the manufacturer's name. The second value is the model of the device.|
|Physical Ports||number of physical ports on the device.|
|Spare Ports||number of spare ports on the device.|
|Spare Ports %||number of ports on the device, as a % of the total number of physical ports on the device.|
To run a Spare Ports by View report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click Inventory Reports.
- This will open the Inventory Reports page. Click Spare Ports by View.
- This will open the Spare Ports by View Options page.
- If you want to reuse previously saved report values, select it in the Use saved values dropdown field.
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- Specify the View against which the report is to be run in the Please select a View dropdown field.
- Click Save to save your report values, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.