The Spanning Tree VLAN Config report details the STP settings and connectivities for the selected VLAN.
The report is in 3 sections:
- Summary section.
- STP Connectivity settings.
- STP VLAN configuration.
|Sample Date||date to which the device configuration data refers. Device STP data is collected daily by stpman.|
VTP pruning status can either be:
root switch is the switch acting as the center of the VLAN. Other switches use this as the center of the network when calculating a set of root and designated ports during the initial convergeence to create a loop-free network.
Trunk port count uses 3 measures:
|VTP Servers||list of VTP servers.|
|VTP Switches||lists the STP switches|
|VTP Anomalies||lists the VRP anomalies recorded for this date.|
STP Connectivity settings:
|From||device and port address connected to another device.|
|State||local device's port's STP state, i.e. Blocking, Forwarding, Designated Port, Root Port and Non-Designated Port.|
|Connected to||address of the host and port.|
|State||target device's port's STP state, i.e. Blocking, Forwarding, Designated Port, Root Port and Non-Designated Port.|
|Cost||cumulative root path cost. The lower the value, the closer the devices are.|
STP VLAN configuration:
|Switch||switch resolved name or IP address.|
|Root Switch > Port||
switch acting as the center of the VLAN. Other switches use this as the center of the network when calculating a set of root and designated ports during the initial convergence to create a loop-free network.
The second value is the device's designated root port. For the root switch, this is set to NULL as the root switch does not have a designated root port.
|Root Cost||cumulative root path cost. The lower the value, the closer the devices are.|
|Change Count||number of Root Switch changes. This is a running total.|
|Max Age||length of time (in seconds) that the switch stores a BPDU before discarding it.|
|Forward Delay||time (in seconds) the switch spends in the Listening and Learning states.|
|Hello Time||time interval (in seconds) between the sending of Configuration BPDUs.|
|Hold Time||time interval (in seconds) between the sending of Configuration BPDUs.|
To run a Spanning Tree VLAN Config report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click Inventory Reports.
- This will open the Inventory Reports page. Click Spanning Tree VLAN Configuration.
- This will open the Spanning Tree VLAN Configuration Options page.
- If you want to reuse previously saved report values, select it in the Use saved values dropdown field.
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- Specify the View containing the VLAN against which the report is to be run in the Please select a View dropdown field. From ENA v18.0 P06 upwards, you can drag Views into this field from the Drop Box.
- Specify the VLAN against which the report is to be run in the Please select a device dropdown field.
- Specify the start date and end date for the report in their respective dropdown fields.
- ENA v17.0 P08 upwards: Specify the time zone to which you want the reporting period to apply. By default, this is set to None, which means that the time zone of the host/consolidation server is used.
- Click Save to save your report values, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.