The URL dashlet displays the content of a URL of your choice.
The URL dashlet is available for all types of data source.
To add a URL dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- When adding a dashlet to a new custom dashboard or editing an existing custom dashboard, follow the instructions for adding a dashlet, select URL dashlet in the Select Dashlet Type, and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right. Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a managed object on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for a managed object in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired managed object in from another browser window.
- Enter the URL that you want to display in the dashlet in the URL field.
- Click the Advanced Settings field to open the Advanced Settings form.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field. By default this is set to On.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save and return to the Create Dashlet form, otherwise click Cancel.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to create the dashlet, otherwise click Cancel.
To use variable parameters in the URL dashlet:
You can substitute variable parameters into the Name field of the URL dashlet, or the URL field. This will then pick up on the source that is given in the Dashlet Source field on that dashlet.
Please see the article on variable parameters for a list of the available variables.