The Service State dashlet displays the state of services on a View or Subview.
The Service State dashlet is only applicable to Views or Subviews. It is not applicable to any other data source (e.g. devices, services, components).
To add a Service State dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- When adding a dashlet to a new custom dashboard or editing an existing custom dashboard, follow the instructions for adding a dashlet, select Service State in the Select Dashlet Type, and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right. Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet.
The Service State dashlet can only display data where the source is a View or Subview.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific View/Subview on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for the View/Subview in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired View/Subview in from another browser window.
- Click the Advanced Settings field to open the Advanced Settings form.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field. By default this is set to On.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save and return to the Create Dashlet form, otherwise click Cancel.
- Click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.
To configure the information displayed in the dashlet pie chart:
The pie chart is divided into the different types of service state, which is one of the following:
- Click on the statuses in the legend to display or hide them in the pie chart as you want.
To view further information on a service:
- Click on the segment of the pie chart you want to know more about.
- This will open the selected segment's Breakdown Table page. This displays further information about the services detailed in the Service State pie chart.
- To view further information on a service, click the service's name in the table to open that service's Summary dashboard.
- In this table, you are able to add a service to a View by right clicking on the desired service and clicking Add To View....
- You can sort the columns in ascending or descending order by clicking on the column headings, and you can increase or decrease the width of columns by dragging the column dividers left and right. You can also configure the columns by clicking Configure Columns in the Overflow Menu.
|Column Name||Column Description|
|Display Name||name of the service.|
|Failure Cause||cause of failure if a service status is down.|