The NBAR Port Info dashlet displays the available NBAR protocols for the ports on the selected device (protocols you can poll/blacklist), and how many of each you are doing. It also shows you blacklisted traffic, which is the percentage of blacklisted traffic over a specific period of time.
The NBAR Port Info dashlet is applicable to any managed device with ports enabled for NBAR. The dashlet is not applicable to Views or Subviews.
To add an NBAR Port Info dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- Navigate to the custom dashboard for which you want to create the dashlet, or create a new dashboard.
- Click Add Dashlet. In the Select Dashlet Type form, select NBAR Port Info and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right. Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet. Note, the NBAR Port Info dashlet is only applicable to a managed object with ports enabled for NBAR.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific managed object on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for the managed object in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired managed object in from another browser window.
- Specify the data type you want to be displayed in the dashlet in the Data Type field. You can edit this at a later time via Settings in the top right of the dashlet, or via the dashlet's Overflow Menu.
- Choose the time and date range for the data to be displayed in the dashlet in the NBAR Range field. You can choose either a 'Previous' or an 'In between' range. This can also be edited at a later time via Chart Settings.
- Choose the type of traffic you want to calculate in the Mode field, either In, Out or In And Out.
- Click the Advanced Settings field to open the Advanced Settings form.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field. By default this is set to On.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save and return to the Create Dashlet form, otherwise click Cancel.
- Click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.