The Device Status dashlet displays the status of devices in the selected View or Subview.
The Device Status dashlet is only applicable to Views and Subviews. It is not applicable to any other data source (e.g. devices, services, components etc).
To add a Device Status dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- When adding a dashlet to a new custom dashboard or editing an existing custom dashboard, follow the instructions for adding a dashlet, select Device Status in the Select Dashlet Type, and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right.
- Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet.
The Device Status dashlet can only display data where the source is a View or Subview.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific View/Subview on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for the View/Subview in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired View/Subview in from another browser window.
- Specify if you want the chart legend to be displayed in the Show Legend field. If switched on, you can then decide if you want the legend to display percentages in the Show Percentages field.
- Click the Advanced Settings field to open the Advanced Settings form.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save and return to the Create Dashlet form, otherwise click Cancel.
- Click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.
To configure the information that is displayed in the dashlet pie chart:
- Click on the device status in the legend to display or hide them as you want.
To view further information about the devices in the selected View:
- Click on the segment of the pie chart you want to know more about.
- This will open the selected segment's Breakdown Table: Device Status page.
- Right click on an application in the table to open its context menu.
- You can sort the columns in ascending or descending order by clicking on the column headings, and you can increase or decrease the width of columns by dragging the column dividers left and right. You can also configure the columns by clicking Configure Columns in the Overflow Menu.
The available columns are as follows:
|Column Name||Column Description|
|Display Name||name of the device.|
|Object Status||status of the device.|