The Pie Chart dashlet displays in a pie chart specified metrics for the selected managed object.
The Pie Chart dashlet is applicable to all managed objects on your network.
To add a Pie Chart dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- Navigate to the custom dashboard for which you want to create the dashlet, or create a new dashboard.
- Click Add Dashlet. In the Select Dashlet Type form, select Configuration Monitor Settings and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right. Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet. Note, the Configuration Monitor Settings dashlet can only display data where the source is a device.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific device on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for the device in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired device in from another browser window.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field.
- Group Objects of Type field. The available options here will depend upon the selection made in the Dashlet Source field (see step 4. above).
- Select an attribute to display in the Group By field, or drag an attribute in from another tab or browser.
- Specify how to get from the selection made in the Dashlet Source field to the type selected in the Group Objects of Type field in the Take Objects From field. e.g. if the dashlet source is a 'switch device' and the group objects of type is 'port', then the Take Objects From field will by default select the 'Switch Devices -> Port' option.
- Specify whether you want to show or hide the legend on the chart with the Show Legend switch.
- Specify whether you want to show or hide the percentages of each category in the legend with the Show Percentage switch.
- Enter maximum number of categories to be displayed on the chart in the Top N field, e.g. if you choose 3, the chart will then display the top three categories for the selected attribute and then will group the rest of the categories into 'Other'.
To view further information about a metric displayed in the pie chart:
- The pie chart is divided into the different status categories.
- You can click on the different status categories in the key to the right of the pie to hide or display them in the pie.
- You can also click on the different sections of the pie itself to open the Breakdown Table, which displays further information on the objects and attributes that make up the pie chart.