The Service Components dashlet lists the components on the selected service.
The Service Components dashlet is only applicable to a service. It is not applicable to any other source of data (e.g. Views, devices, components etc).
To add a Service Components dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- When adding a dashlet to a new custom dashboard or editing an existing custom dashboard, follow the instructions for adding a dashlet, select Service Components in the Select Dashlet Type, and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right. Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet.
The Service Components dashlet can only display data where the source is a service.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific service on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for the service in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired service in from another browser window.
- Click the AdvancedSettings field to open the Advanced Settings form.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field. By default this is set to On.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save and return to the Create Dashlet form, otherwise click Cancel.
- Click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.
To configure or export the table in the dashlet:
Please see the article on configuring tables in Entuity.
|Column Name||Column Description|
|Status||status of the service component.|
|Name||name of the service component.|
|Type||type of service component (e.g. VPN Device, Switch Device etc).|
|Managing Server||Entuity server on which the object exists.|
|Parent Device||parent device to which the service component belongs.|
Note, the Parent Device column is only available in ENA v17.0 P05 upwards.
To edit the selected service:
- Click Edit Service in the top right of the dashlet, or via the dashlet's Overflow Menu.
- The Edit Service form will slide in on the right. This form lists the components currently in the service.
- You can edit the name of the service in the Name field.
- To remove a component from the service, you click on the component and then will be presented with an option to Remove component from this service.
- To add a component to the service, click the + field. This will open an Explorer menu, in which you can navigate to the managed object you want to include in the service. Select the object and click Done in the top right of the browser to save, otherwise click Cancel.
- You can also drag multiple objects into the component list from a component list in another tab or window.
- The form also allows you to edit the service logic type, service events, and advanced settings. Details of these can be found here.
- Click Done to save the changes, otherwise click Cancel.
- You can also add objects as components by dragging them directly into the dashlet from another tab or window, which means that you do not have to open the Modify Components form.
To create a sub-service within the selected service:
- Click Create Sub-Service in the top right of the dashlet, or via the dashlet's Overflow Menu.
- The Create Sub-Service form will slide in on the right.
- At the top of the form is the Parent Service field, which specifies the selected service that will be the parent to this sub-service.
- Below the Parent Service field, the rest of this form requires a user to complete the same forms as when creating a service (as described here).
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save and create the sub-service, otherwise click Cancel.
To view further information about the components of the selected service:
- Click the name of the component you want to know more about. This will take you to the Summary dashboard for that component.