The Port Speeds dashlet displays the port speeds for the selected device.
The Port Speeds dashlet is applicable only to devices. It is not applicable to other data sources (e.g. Views, services, components).
To add a Port Speeds dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- When adding a dashlet to a new custom dashboard or editing an existing custom dashboard, follow the instructions for adding a dashlet, select Port Speeds in the Select Dashlet Type, and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right. Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet.
The Port Speeds dashlet can only display data where the source is a device.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific device on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for the device in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired device in from another browser window.
- Select whether you want the dashlet to display the inbound or outbound port speed in the Mode field.
- Click the AdvancedSettings field to open the Advanced Settings form.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field. By default this is set to On.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save and return to the Create Dashlet form, otherwise click Cancel.
- Click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.
To view further information on a port:
- Click on the segment of the pie chart representing the port you want to know more about.
- This will open the selected segment's Breakdown Table: Port Speeds page.
- To view the Summary dashboard of the selected port, click on its name in the Name column.
- Right click on a port's name to open its context menu.
- You can sort the columns in ascending or descending order by clicking on the column headings, and you can increase or decrease the width of columns by dragging the column dividers left and right. You can also configure the columns by clicking Configure Columns in the Overflow Menu.
The available columns are as follows:
|Column Name||Column Description|
|Display Name||name of the port.|
|Port In Speed||inbound speed of the port.|
|Port Out Speed||outbound speed of the port.|
|Port Operational Status||current operational status, e.g. up, down.|
|Port Administration Status||port status as set by the system administrator.|
To configure the speeds that are displayed on the dashlet pie chart:
- Click on the speeds in the legend so that they do or do not appear in the pie chart.