The Port Summary dashlet lists the ports on the selected device.
The Port Summary dashlet is only applicable to devices. It is not applicable to any other data source (e.g. Views, services, components etc).
To add the Port Summary dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- When adding a dashlet to a new custom dashboard or editing an existing custom dashboard, follow the instructions for adding a dashlet, select Port Summary in the Select Dashlet Type, and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right.
- Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet.
The Port Summary dashlet can only display data where the source is a device.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific device on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for the device in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired device in from another browser window.
- Click the Advanced Settings field to open the Advanced Settings form.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field. By default this is set to On.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save and return to the Create Dashlet form, otherwise click Cancel.
- Click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.
To configure or export the table in the dashlet:
Please see the article on configuring tables in Entuity.
|status of the port, either green (OK), yellow (ICMP not responding), gray (down due to components missing) or red (down).
|name of the port.
|inbound speed of the port.
|outbound speed of the port.
|if fast utilization polling is enabled on the port.
|if fast status polling is enabled on the port.
|if port status events are enabled on the port.
|if the port is in use or spare.
the port's duplex type, one of:
|IP addresses associated with the interface.
|any hosts that use the interface.
|number of VLANs with which the interface is associated.
|Applicable to ENA v17.0 P08 upwards. If the port is physical or virtual.
To change port settings and view further information on a port:
- Click on the name of port to open the Summary dashboard for that port.
- You can change the settings of a port by selecting it and then clicking Polling in the dashlet's Overflow Menu.
- The Port Settings form will slide in on the right. Here, you can enable or disable Fast Utilization Polling, Fast Status Polling and Status Events for the selected Port. Click Done in the top right of the form to save, or click Cancel.
- You can also right click on the port's name to access its context menu. From Polling, you will be presented with the option to Enable or Disable any of Fast Status Polling, Fast Utilization Polling or Status Events.
To unmanage/remanage a port:
- Select the port or ports that you want to unmanage/remanage from the table.
- Right click to open the context menu, and click Unmanage / Remanage. The port(s) will be removed/added back to management as appropriate.