The NBAR In/Out Coverage dashlet displays the percentage of traffic that is being analyzed by the NBAR protocols being polled, for the selected managed object over the polling period.
The NBAR In/Out Coverage dashlet is applicable to devices and ports that are enabled for NBAR.
To add an NBAR In/Out Coverage dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- Navigate to the custom dashboard for which you want to create the dashlet, or create a new dashboard.
- Click Add Dashlet. In the Select Dashlet Type form, select NBAR In/Out Coverage and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right. Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet. Note, the NBAR In/Out Coverage dashlet is only applicable to devices and ports that are enabled for NBAR.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific device or port on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for a device or port in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired device or port from another browser window.
- Specify which mode you want the dashlet to measure in the Mode field, either In, Out or In/Out. Specify the time period across which you want to measure coverage in the time fields below.
- Click the Advanced Settings field to open the Advanced Settings form.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field. By default this is set to On.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save and return to the Create Dashlet form, otherwise click Cancel.
- Click Done in the top right of the dashlet to save your preferences, otherwise click Cancel.
To configure the information displayed in the dashlet:
- Click Settings in the dashlet's Overflow Menu to open the Date Range form.
- Here, you can specify and change the time period across which you want to measure coverage.
- Click Done to save your changes, otherwise click Cancel.