The NBAR-Enabled Ports dashlet displays a summary of the ports on the selected device and their current NBAR enablement and polling status.
The NBAR-Enabled Ports dashlet is only applicable to devices that are NBAR-enabled.
To add an NBAR-Enabled Ports dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- When adding a dashlet to a new custom dashboard or editing an existing custom dashboard, follow the instructions for adding a dashlet, select NBAR-Enabled Ports in the Select Dashlet Type, and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right.
- Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet.
The NBAR-Enabled Ports dashlet can only display data where the source is a managed device that is enabled for NBAR.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a device on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for a device in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired device in from another browser window.
- Specify if you want the chart legend to be displayed in the Show Legend field. If switched on, you can then decide if you want the legend to display percentages in the Show Percentages field.
- Click the Advanced Settings field to open the Advanced Settings form.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field. By default this is set to On.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save and return to the Create Dashlet form, otherwise click Cancel.
- Click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.
To view further information on a port:
- Click on the segment of the pie chart representing the port you want to know more about.
- This will open the selected segment's Breakdown Table: NBAR Enabled Traffic page.
- To view the Summary dashboard of a port, click on its name in the Name column.
- Each port in the table has a context menu that you can access by right clicking on the port's name. This provides you with a number of further management options
- You can sort the columns in ascending or descending order by clicking on the column headings, and you can increase or decrease the width of columns by dragging the column dividers left and right. You can also configure the columns by clicking Configure Columns in the Overflow Menu.
The available columns are as follows:
|Column Name||Column Description|
|Display Name||name of the port.|
|NBAR Polling||if the port is being polled for NBAR.|
|NBAR Enabled||if the port is enabled for NBAR.|
To configure what information is displayed on the dashlet pie chart:
- Click on an attribute in the legend to display or hide them in the pie chart.
- The available attributes are as follows:
- None - port is not enabled for NBAR.
- Polling and Enabled - port is enabled and polling for NBAR.
- Enabled Unknown - unknown if the port is enabled for NBAR.