The Flow Summary dashlet displays flow summary data for the selected device.
The Flow Summary dashlet is only applicable to a device from which the server has been configured to collect flow. It is not applicable to any other data source (e.g. Views, services, components etc).
To add a Flow Summary dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- When adding a dashlet to a new custom dashboard or editing an existing custom dashboard, follow the instructions for adding a dashlet, select Flow Summary in the Select Dashlet Type, and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right. Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet.
The Flow Summary dashlet can only display data where the source is a device.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific device on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for the device in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired device in from another browser window.
- Click the AdvancedSettings field to open the Advanced Settings form.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field. By default this is set to On.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save and return to the Create Dashlet form, otherwise click Cancel.
- Click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.
To start or stop flow collection on the selected device:
- Ensure the server has been configured to collect flow data from the selected device.
- Click Start Flow Collection in the top right of the dashlet, or via the dashlet's Overflow Menu.
- The Start Flow Collection menu will slide in on the right. Specify the server that is collecting flow data in the Collecting Server field. Click Done in the top right of the form to apply, otherwise click Cancel.
- To stop flow collection, click Stop Flow Collection in the top right of the dashlet, or via the dashlet's Overflow Menu.
- A confirmation window will appear. Click Yes to confirm, otherwise click No.