Applicable for ENA v18.0 upwards. If you are using an earlier version of ENA, please see this article.
The Path Discovery dashlet visually displays the discovered path between the specified source device and the destination device. A path reports on the state of devices and links, and can identify potential capacity bottlenecks. In Entuity, paths are discovered via SurePath.
The Path Discovery dashlet is only applicable to application paths. It is not applicable to any other data source (e.g. Views, devices, components etc).
Please see this section for further help and information on SurePath.
To add a Path Discovery dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- When adding a dashlet to a new custom dashboard or editing an existing custom dashboard, follow the instructions for adding a dashlet, select Path Discovery in the Select Dashlet Type, and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right. Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet.
The Path Discovery dashlet is only applicable when its data source is an application path.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a specific application path on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for the application path in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired application path in from another browser window.
- Click the Advanced Settings field to open the Advanced Settings form.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field. By default this is set to On.
- Click Done in the top right of the form to save and return to the Create Dashlet form, otherwise click Cancel.
- Click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.
To view further information about an application path:
Please see this section for further help and information about the SurePath application path and how it is displayed.