The Table dashlet displays data in a tabular form.
The Table dashlet is applicable to all types of data source.
To add a Table dashlet to a custom dashboard:
- Navigate to the custom dashboard for which you want to create the dashlet, or create a new dashboard.
- Click Add Dashlet. In the Select Dashlet Type form, select Table and click Next.
- The Create Dashlet form will slide in on the right. Enter a name for your dashlet in the Name field.
- You can then choose the source of the data to be displayed in the dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from the context of its parent dashboard, select Dashboard. You can see the context of the parent dashboard in the Dashboard Context field at the top of the form.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from another dashlet in this current dashboard, select Dashlet.
- If you want this dashlet to source its data from a managed object on your network, select Fixed Object. You can then click Browse to an object to search for a managed object in Explorer, or drag into the box your desired managed object in from another browser window.
- Choose whether you want to hide the title of the dashlet in the Hide Title Bar field. If selected, the dashlet's Overflow Menu will also be hidden, but in the Promote Menu Options field you can then choose if you want to display the options in the dashlet's Overflow Menu in the overall dashboard's Overflow Menu.
- Choose whether you want the dashlet to automatically refresh in the Auto Refresh field.
- Specify the types of object data you want to include in the table, e.g. Port, Service, Fan, Memory etc in the Include Objects of Type field. This will determine the column types you can include in below in the Columns field.
- Click the + button in the Columns field to add columns to the table. The types of columns you can select will depend on the selection made in the Include Objects of Type field above. You can add as many columns to the Table dashlet as you want. The selected columns will be listed below.
- Click on a column in the list to open its Edit Column form. Here, you can change the column attribute, change the column name, or delete the column. Click Done in the top right of the form to save your changes, otherwise click Cancel.
- Click Advanced to open the Advanced form, where you can specify the number of rows per page and the width in pixel at which the dashlet becomes responsive.
- When you have set all of your parameters, click Done in the top right of the form, otherwise click Cancel.
To configure or export the table in the dashlet:
- Please see the article on configuring tables in ENA.
To view further information on a managed object:
- Right click on an object to open its context menu, in which you will find further management options.