The Infrastructure Availability report provides a summary of infrastructure device reachability and uptime outages with totals.
The bar chart on this report uses the following metrics:
- Unknown, the ENA server is down.
- Down, the period of time for which the device is down. ENA determines device outage by comparing its reboot time with the ENA polling time. ENA checks when the last reboot happened:
- if the reboot time is older than the last polling time, then the device is considered up for the polling interval.
- if the reboot time is different between two consecutive successful ENA polls, it implies the device went up and down during the polling interval. ENA takes the difference between the reboot time and the time of the poll prior to that, and assigns half the time as device down time and half as device up time.
- if there is a poll failure between a device reboot and the last successful poll before that time, then the device is considered as down for all of those unsuccessful poll intervals, apart from the first unsuccessful poll interval. ENA assigns half of the first unsuccessful polling interval as device uptime and half as device downtime.
- Reachable, the device has responded to the ping request.
- Unreachable, the device failed to respond to the ping request.
To run an Infrastructure Availability report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click Availability Reports.
- This will open the Availability Reports page. Click Infrastructure Availability.
- This will open the Infrastructure Availability Options page.
- If you want to reuse previously saved report values, select it in the Use saved values dropdown field.
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- Specify the View against which you want the report to be run in the Please select a View dropdown field.
- Specify the device against which you want to the report to be run in the Please select a device dropdown field.
- Tick the Only show devices with imperfect reachability or uptime box if you want to include only devices with imperfect reachability or uptime records in this report.
- Tick the Show reachability outage periods box if you want to include the reachability outage periods in this report.
- Tick the Show uptime outage periods box if you want to include the uptime outage periods in this report.
- Tick the Group by device (with timeline) box if you want to show uptime and reachability together on a per device basis. If left unticked, it will show the uptime outage and reachability outage in a separate table summarized for all devices.
- Specify if you want the Report Period to be a Recent period or across a Range.
- Specify the time within the reporting period for which the report is applicable in the Prime Time fields, e.g. between 09:00 and 17:00 each day.
- Click Save to save your report values, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.