The Underutilized Servers report ranks servers by various metrics to highlight any low usage. Optimal utilization of servers is important to a successful green policy - if more servers are operating at an optimal level, the fewer servers that are required.
Underutilized Servers report details:
|Server name||resolved name or IP address of the server.|
|Management IP||device's management IP address.|
|Network Traffic Rate (Kbytes/S)||total network traffic for the device, measured as kb/sec.|
|CPU%||CPU utilization as a percentage of the total potential utilization for the server.|
|Used Memory (Mbytes)||average used memory (in mb) over the reporting period.|
|Procs||average number of processes running during the reporting period.|
|Users||average number of users using the server during the reporting period.|
|Average ranking||average ranking of the server by % underutilization.|
To run an Underutilized Servers report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click Green Reports.
- This will open the Green Reports page. Click Underutilized Servers.
- This will open the Underutilized Servers Options page.
- If you want to reuse previously saved report values, select it in the Use saved values dropdown field.
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- Specify the View against which the report is to be run in the Please select a View dropdown field.
- Specify the number of Days to report in the dropdown field. The default is 7.
- Specify the metric by which the report will be sorted in the Sort column dropdown field. The options available are the metrics outlined in the Underutilized Servers report details table above.
- Click Save to save your report values, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.