The Green IT Perspective report provides an overview of overnight shutdown compliance. It also provides access to the following reports. The settings of each report can be edited from their page via the Report Options button in the top left of their page.
- Workstations Shutdown Policy Compliance report.
- provides high-level information on workstations overnight shutdown policy compliance. Data for this report is collected and processed every night. It provides drilldown to details for each monitored workstations group.
- Underutilized Servers report.
- reveals servers whose utilization is considered low, based on several criteria that the user may choose (CPU utilization, memory utilization, network traffic rate, number of processes, number of users, composite score). It provides drilldown to details about utilization of each server.
- Spare Ports and Power Consumption report.
- reveals Views containing switches with relatively low densities of utilized ports. This information is useful for effective elimination of underutilized switching hardware. This report offers several sorting methods, including by number of spare ports, by ratios of total/spare ports, and by ratios of consumed energy/number of utilized ports. It provides drilldown to details about each View and switch.
- Known Power Consumption of Devices in Inventory report.
- displays power consumption of devices in your inventory, with multiple sorting options and drilldown to device details.
Green IT Perspective report details:
|Average Compliance||guage displaying the average compliance for the organization over the monitoring period, as a % of the maximum potential compliance.|
|Total Compliance % over time||graph displaying compliance as a % of maximum potential compliance over the reporting period.|
|Last Check Compliance||guage displaying a measure of workstation shutdown compliance compliance over the last poll (which by default is the previous day), as a % of the maximum potential compliance.|
|Hosts and Compliant Hosts||graph displaying total number of hosts, and the number of hosts that are compliant over the reporting period.|
|Corporate Green IT Initiative||text that the administrator can enter, e.g. to explain the corporate green IT policy.|
To run a Green IT Perspective report:
- In the Main Menu, click Reports.
- This will open the Reports page. Click Green Reports.
- This will open the Green Reports page. Click Green IT Perspective.
- This will open the Green IT Perspective report.
- To export the report, click either the Export to PDF, Excel, DOCX or CSV buttons in the top left of the window.
- To change the details of the report, click Report Options in the top left of the window. This will open the Green IT Perspective Options page.
- If you want to reuse previously saved report values, select it in the Use saved values dropdown field.
- Specify the format of the report in the Report format field.
- In the Wasted power (kWh) per day per host field, specify the allowed average wasted power per host per day for hosts that are not shut off. For a host that should be used for an 8 hour working day, there should be 16 hours where it can be shut off. If the average consumption of hosts is 100W (a bit higher than most laptops, but lower than desktops), then there would be 1600Wh (1.6kWh) of power associated with those 16 hours.
- In the Cost per kWh field, specify the cost per kWh of electricity.
- In the Ton of CO2 emitted per kWh field, specify the tons of CO2 generated per kWh. By default, this is 0.000718.
- Specify the currency used to display values in the Currency symbol field. By default, this is $.
- Click Save to save your report values, Run to run immediately, or click Cancel.